In Chinese astrology, the Year of the Dog begins Feb. 16, 2018. If you're not in the know, and you're wondering: What is the year of the Dog? Chinese Zodiac is based on a 12-year cycle. Each year represents one of 12 animals: the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, and pig. New cycles, like the forthcoming year of the dog, are celebrated on the Chinese New Year.
The Chinese zodiac determines your animal sign based on the year you were born instead of the month. The dog is the 11th sign in the zodiac. If you were born in 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, or 2006, you are indeed a dog.
In addition to the twelve year cycle corresponding to each of the animals in the Chinese Zodiac, there are Five Elements (wood, fire, earth, metal, water) which are associated with their own "life force" or "chi". The year of 2018 meets element of Earth, so 2018 is a Earth Dog Year.
According to chinese astrology , 2018 is a very good year regarding the financial aspects, but a little difficult from a health point of view. Actually, in the year of the dog, all zodiac signs will want to pay special attention to their health. Year 2018 is the ideal time to start eating healthy, doing sports and getting rid of bad habits.
Let's check what the year of The Earth Dog will bring to you:
If you are:
- The Rat - 2018 will be kind to you. Rather good year for you.
- The Ox - It may appear to be a good harvest for the Ox, but be careful.
- The Tiger - Very good year for you. You will succeed in all your beginnings.
- The Rabbit - Not a good but not a bad year for you. Be careful in all business ventures.
- The Dragon - Not a good year for you. If you will have to travel be careful.
- The Snake - Great Year for Snakes!
- The Horse - Amazing year for the horses.
- The Goat - Very good Year for Goats.
- The Monkey - You will have to work hard this year.
- The Rooster - Quite a good year.
- The Dog - this is your Year. Do be careful in whatever you wish to do.
- The Pig - the Year of fulfilment for you. You might do well this year.